Welcome to Our Lady of Wisdom Library Media Center. My name is Mary Powers and I am your librarian. I've worked as a librarian for Huntsville City Schools for 14 years, and before that, I was a classroom teacher here in Alabama and in several other states. I've been married to my wonderful husband since 1978 and have three grown sons and one grandson. I am especially pleased to be part of the Falcon family and enjoy working with all of you.
Our library media center is an integral part of the educational process at JPII. It is our goal to assist each student in his or her journey to achieve a well-rounded, quality education, and to encourage the desire for life-long personal, spiritual and intellectual growth. To attain these goals we strive to:
- help students acquire techniques for gathering knowledge, information, and skills that support life-long learning
- provide resources, materials and services that support personal, spiritual and intellectual growth
- create a welcoming, user-friendly environment
- encourage and support the use of technology
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on normal school days
- Atriuum Is our Online Public Access Catalog, or OPAC.
- Students may check-out 2 items for two weeks.
- While there are no fines for overdue materials, students are responsible for the cost of replacing lost or irreparably damaged books.
- Students will not be allowed to check out materials if they have overdue items or unpaid replacement fees.
- Students may copy or print materials for school related purposes.
- The cost is $.10 per side of printed page.
- Please ask the librarian or library aide for assistance if needed.
For on-line access to periodical and reference databases, we encourage students to use the Alabama Virtual Library (AVL) and our subscription EBSCOhost databases (See Mrs. Powers for login information).The social, ethical, and moral standards which we follow in our daily school life apply equally to our use of the Internet. Thus, we strive to provide students with authoritative resources in support of the educational goals and objectives of our school.