Purpose: The Facilities Manager is responsible for assuring successful operation and function of the school’s building and grounds in support of its mission. The position is responsible for completing and/or overseeing maintenance of all systems for plumbing, electrical, HVAC (heating ventilation air conditioning), security, telecommunications, sound, lighting, fire safety, irrigation, and supervisions a small custodial staff. The position is in a 10-year old building on a 55-acre campus. The position is salaried full time, and may require flexible hours. The position reports to the President and works closely with the Bookkeeper.
- Knowledge and practical skills for completion of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, painting, electronics, and telecommunications work;
- Ability to read and interpret complex instruction manuals for HVAC, telecommunications, security, fire safety, sound, lighting, audio-visual, and digital recording systems;
- Interest in researching appropriate new applications or upgrades;
- High level organization skills and attention to detail, including architectural details;
- Maturity and flexibility in working with a diverse membership with competing priorities; and
- Strong interpersonal skills, including successful verbal and written communications with staff, members, and vendors.
- Physical ability and conditioning to perform all duties of the position including lifting up to 100 lbs.
- A valid driver's license, post-offer physical and background check are all required.